Bucharest Central Hotels

Old Town Boutique Hotel Bucharest Central Hotels

Bucharest Central Hotels

Attractions and Accommodation in the Historic City of Bucharest, Romania

Bucharest Central Hotels

Șepcari Street, Nr. 12-14, Old Town, Sector 3, Bucharest

Old Town Boutique Hotel is in the top of the Bucharest Central Hotels and is distinguished by its contemporary but modern architectural character, with stained glass windows painted by talented authentic craftsmen. At the same time, it is located right at the entrance to the Old Town or the Historic City of Bucharest as they say, a piece of old Bucharest and the most important point of attraction for tourists visiting Bucharest, Romania.

Bucharest Central Hotels

Bucharest Central Hotels

In 2018, the set of fountains in Unirii Square underwent an extensive rehabilitation process. Following the renovation, the wells in the center of Bucharest became the first in Europe to benefit from state-of-the-art equipment.

The restoration of the central part of the square includes a new mosaic, designed as a reinterpretation of the theme of the Great Union.

The architects of the project asked for the help of museographic experts for the integration of the choir dance in the design of the new mosaic, with complex references to the Cyrillic alphabet and the ceramics of the Cucuteni.

The fully digital monitored system allows the control of each individual unit of the 44 independent wells, arranged on a total length of almost 1.4 kilometers along Unirii Boulevard.

In addition to the unique soundtrack of each show, the “water screens” oriented to the four cardinal points will create a huge multimedia platform on which will appear thematic projections dedicated to Romanian values.



Bucharest Central Hotels



Bucharest Central Hotels

Manuc Inn (or Manuc’s Inn), is an old building in Bucharest, an important tourist attraction and historical monument.

Its founder, Manuc Bei (Manuc Mârzaian), was born in 1769 in Rusciuc. In the time of Sultan Mustafa IV, he obtained the dignity of dragoons and drunkards. In 1808 he was named Bei of Moldavia.

After the end of the Russo-Turkish war, Manuc moved with his family to the Hincesti estate. The long-distance now prevented him from reaping all the benefits of the inn, so he decided to sell it.

He began making arrangements for the sale in late 1816, but died in uncertain circumstances on June 20, 1817, possibly by a riding accident, before finding a buyer. Because all his children were minors at the time, the fortune is administered by an epitope.

Hanu Manuc is one of the most important tourist attractions in Bucharest, a historical monument, a place of leisure, in the restaurants, cafes, and shops it hosts today.

Stavropoleos Church is an Orthodox church, built in Brancoveanu style, in the center of Bucharest.

The church was erected in 1724, during the reign of Nicolae Mavrocordat (ruler of Wallachia, 1719-1730), by Archimandrite Ioanichie Stratonikeas, originally from Epirus.

In 1726 the abbot Ioanichie was elected metropolitan of Stavropolis and exarch of Caria. The monastery he built has since been named Stavropoleos, after the old seat.

The inn and the annexes of the monastery were demolished at the end of the 19th century.

Over time, the church was affected by earthquakes, which weakened the tower until it fell. However, the tower’s paintings were restored at the beginning of the 20th century.

The patron saint of the church is St. Archangels Michael and Gabriel. The name Stavropoleos is the Romanian form of the Greek word Stauropolis, which translates as “City of the Cross”.



București Hoteluri Centru



Bucharest Central Hotels

The Macca-Villacrosse passage is a covered passage from Bucharest making the connection between Calea Victoriei and Lipscani Street, by leaving the passage from Eugeniu Carada street.

The passage, covered with glass and in the shape of an elongated horseshoe, designed by the architect Felix Xenopol, was finished in 1891. It has two branches that start from Victoriei Street, which join before the exit in Eugeniu Carada Street.

The branch from Lipscani Street was named Villacrosse Passage, in memory of the Romanian Catalan architect Xavier Villacrosse who was the chief architect of the Capital in 1840-1850, and the second Macca Passage after Mihalache Macca, the brother-in-law of the passage builder. The passage was covered with yellowish glass, giving an air of intimacy and comfort.

At the entrance of Eugeniu Carada Street, a monumental portal is made. The buildings in the passage are also provided with stucco ornaments. The roundabout behind the entrance has a glass stained glass roof.

The Romanian Athenaeum is a concert hall in Bucharest, located on Calea Victoriei, in George Enescu Square (in the northern part of Revolution Square). The building, which is made in a combination of neoclassical style with eclectic style, was built between 1886 and 1888, according to the plans of the French architect Albert Galleron. Currently, it also houses the headquarters of the “George Enescu” Philharmonic.

Dominated by a large dome, with the main facade in neoclassical style, the Athenaeum has the appearance of an Ionic temple, with six front and two side columns. At the main entrance, the eight Ionic columns have similar proportions to the columns of the Erechteion temple on the Acropolis. Around the large dome of the building you can see, dug into the wall, the names of well-known scholars. Among them, that of Miron Costin, Gheorghe Șincai, Dimitrie Cantemir, Ion Heliade Rădulescu, Timotei Cipariu.

The total height of the building up to the top of the dome is 41 m. Inside, the concert hall, with a diameter of 28.50 m, and a height of 16 m, has 600 seats on the ground floor and 52 lodges (in total approximately 794 seats).



Bucharest Central Hotels



Bucharest Central Hotels

The Palace of the Parliament in Bucharest, Romania (known before the revolution as the House of the Republic or People’s House), measures 270 m by 240 m, 86 m high, and 92 m underground made in the spirit of realistic socialist architecture. It has 9 levels on the surface and another 9 underground. According to the World Records Academy, the Palace of Parliament is the second-largest administrative building for civilian use in the world, and the most expensive administrative building in the world, and the heaviest building in the world.

The Parliament Palace building is located in the central part of Bucharest (sector 5), on the place now called Arsenal Hill, surrounded by Izvor Street to the west and northwest, United Nations Boulevard to the north, Liberty Boulevard to the east and Calea 13 Septembrie the south. It is 10 minutes away from Unirii Square and 20 minutes from the North Railway Station.

The hill on which the Parliament Palace stands today is generally a creation of nature, with an initial height of 18 m, but the part from Libertății Boulevard is artificially raised.

The National Military Circle Palace is a building in Bucharest that houses the central cultural institution of the Romanian Army, with a cultural-educational, artistic, recreational-entertaining profile, as well as image, representation, and protocol.

The works for the construction of the Palace of the National Military Circle started in 1911, although the land where the building was to be built had been ceded by the Ministry of Domains since 1898. The main designer of the monumental Palace of the National Military Circle was the Romanian architect Dimitrie Maimarolu, in collaboration with Victor Ștefănescu and Ernest Doneaud. Some of the interior and exterior decorations on the new construction of the Military Circle, including the two large eagles placed to be protectors of the panel with the institution’s company, were executed by the sculptor Ion Schmidt Faur. The beneficiary of the work was the Military Circle of the officers from the Bucharest garrison, an organization of the Romanian officers founded on December 15, 1876.

The palace of the National Military Circle was built on the site of the former Sarindar Monastery.



Bucharest Central Hotels



Bucharest Central Hotels

The current building of the Romanian Opera, with a capacity of 952 seats, was erected in 1953, according to the plans of the architect Octav Doicescu, under the name of Opera and Ballet Theater for two large international events: the Third World Congress of Youth and the fourth World Festival of Youth and Students, but was inaugurated only on January 9, 1954.

The performance hall is horseshoe-shaped. The stage is 24 m wide, 20 m deep, and 30 m high. On the top floor, there is the Opera Museum.

On the facade of the building, instead of two smaller arches, which initially framed the three large ones, two bas-reliefs were mounted, one depicting an opera scene (sculptors Zoe Băicoianu and Boris Caragea), and the other, the flight of some ballerinas ( sculptor Ion Vlad).

Occasionally there are shows in the Yellow Foyer, which has a maximum capacity of 200 seats.

The Bucharest National Opera is one of the four national operas in Romania, being the largest lyrical theater in the country.

About Bucharest, historical, cultural, tourist and business centre of Romania

Bucharest Central Hotels

Legend has it that Bucharest was founded by a shepherd named Bucur. According to another more probable variant, Bucharest was founded by Mircea cel Bătrân at the end of the 14th century. The Paleolithic and Neolithic culture is attested on the banks of Dâmbovița and Colentina. Until 1800 BC. There is some evidence of communities in the areas of Dudești, Lacul Tei and Bucureștii Noi today. Archaeological excavations show the passage of this area through a process of development from the Bronze Age to the year 100 BC. Hr., During which the areas Herăstrău, Radu Vodă, Lacul Tei, Pantelimon, Dealul Mihai Vodă, Popești-Leordeni, and Popești-Novaci are populated by Indo-Europeans (more precisely Geto-Dacians). The first dwellings after the Aurelian retreat in 273 AD are attested in the III – XIII centuries, until the Middle Ages.

The settlement is documented on September 21, 1459, in an act issued by Vlad Țepeș, lord of Wallachia, which strengthens an estate of some boyars. The Dâmbovița fortress, as the city still appears in the first years, had a strategic role, following to supervise the road that went from Târgșor to Giurgiu, in the last settlement there was an Ottoman garrison. In a short time, Bucharest asserted itself, being elected on October 14, 1465, by Radu cel Frumos as a royal residence. In the years 1558–1559, the Royal Church was built at the Old Court, founded by Mr. Mircea Ciobanul, which remains to this day the oldest place of worship in the city preserved in its original form.

In 1659, under the reign of Gheorghe Ghica, Bucharest became the capital of Wallachia, by Turkish order, in order to have a capital in the plain area and close to the Danube, easier to control compared to Targoviste. From that moment on, it is modernized. The first roads paved with river stone appear (1661), the first higher education institution is established, the Royal Academy (1694) and the Mogoșoaia Palace (Constantin Brâncoveanu, 1702) is built, a building in which today is the Brâncovenească Feudal Art Museum.

In 1704, at the initiative of Mihai Cantacuzino, the Colțea Hospital was founded, which was later damaged in a fire and an earthquake and rebuilt in 1888. In a short time, Bucharest developed economically; there is an increase in the number of craftsmen, who formed several guilds (tailors, shoemakers, cavalry, furriers, clothiers, laundresses, weavers, etc.). Along with these, the modernization of the city continues. The first manufacturers and public fountains were created, and the population grew continuously by bringing inhabitants from all over Muntenia (the 1798 census indicated 30,030 inhabitants, while the one from 1831 had 10,000 houses and 60,587 inhabitants).

Slowly a series of institutions of interest appear (National Theater, Cismigiu Garden, Șerban Vodă Cemetery, Academic Society, Philharmonic Society, University of Bucharest, North Station, Grand Hôtel du Boulevard, Universul newspaper, cafes, restaurants, Botanical Garden, Romanian Athenaeum, National Bank, cinemas) and innovations in technology and culture (lamp oil lighting, first tram line, electric lighting, first telephone lines).

Until the establishment of the communist regime in Romania, the city of Bucharest was the residence of Ilfov County. At that time it was called “little Paris” due to its resemblance to the French capital, but it lost its charm during communism. Lately, real estate development has raised concerns about the fate of buildings of historical interest in the city, especially those in the historic center.

Bucharest is the largest economic center of Romania. Bucharest-Ilfov region. Bucharest is home to most of Romania’s specific economic branches, excluding agriculture. Starting with the field of services and ending with construction. Machine building companies (heavy machinery, steel machinery, oil, agricultural machinery and equipment, locomotives, wagons, airplanes and helicopters, buses). Electrical industry, electronics, fine mechanics, optics. Chemical, construction materials, wood processing enterprises. Bucharest is an important railway, road, and air hub of Romania.

The Old Center or the Great Old City of Bucharest houses Vlad Țepeș’s former courtyard at Curtea Veche, now an open-air museum of excavated medieval ruins and the National Museum of Romanian History featuring religious icons and royal treasures in a former palace. Shops sell local wines and beaded jewelry, while elegant restaurants in 19th-century buildings serve traditional food. Pubs and discos that attract attention attract crowds after dark.

Visit the Old Town for an unforgettable stay in the heart of Bucharest.

București Hoteluri Centru

Bucharest Central Hotels

Do you need more travel information?


Subscribe to the newsletter


Șepcari Street, Nr. 12-14, Old Center, Sector 3



Voucher with 10% discount from Old Town Boutique Hotel


Strada Șepcari, Nr. 12-14, Centrul Vechi, Sector 3



Voucher cu reducere de 10% de la Old Town Boutique Hotel